Central Texas AUSA
Scholarship Application Information
Scholarships offered by the Central Texas Chapter of the Association of the United States Army (AUSA) are available to AUSA members and their family members. A special selection committee will score applications based on the student’s academic record. This is a merit-based scholarship.
All properly submitted applications are reviewed and evaluated by the Selection Committee using an internal scoring process.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet all the following criteria:
• Must be an AUSA member or family member of an AUSA member.
• Must be accepted or expect to be accepted by a college, university, trade, or technical school for the upcoming fall or spring semester.
• Must submit a completed application packet to be received by 1 May 2024. Only completed packets received by the deadline will be considered.
Application Packet: The applicant must submit the following as a completed packet to be considered by the Selection Committee:
• Application Information Form. DO NOT send resumes, copies of awards, diplomas, or college acceptance letters. This information will not go before the Selection Committee
• A copy of high school or college transcripts. High School Seniors must provide transcripts that cover at least the first semester of Senior year. College students must provide transcripts that cover their college time. Others must provide transcripts from their most recent educational experience.
• Responses to the three short-answer questions.
The review of applications by the Selection Committee is confidential and is made without regard to race, sex, religion, or national origin.
Scholarships are awarded for excellence based on academic records and the answers given to the included questions.
Scholarships are awarded in June.
Awarded scholarships must be used within two school years immediately following the award.
The scholarship monies will be awarded upon receipt of a completed Central Texas AUSA Scholarship Letter and the completed voucher and enrollment verification from the institution of higher education. Funds are disbursed directly to the institution of higher learning and not to the individual recipient. The recipient is responsible for notification of the financial aid office of the institution of their choice.
Scholarship recipients must consent, to the use of name, photo, and scholarship information on the Central Texas AUSA social media.
Should you have any questions related to this application or the process, you may email your questions to email@example.com.
Additional scholarships for AUSA members or family members are available on the national AUSA website: https://www.ausa.org/scholarships.